You are here: Troubleshooting > Error Codes > Errors 0-9 > Error 9
Error 9: Incorrect Timber Width
- If the width is detected using a linear encoder, this error is thrown when the difference between the detected and expected widths is greater than 10mm.
- If the width is detected using reed switches, the error is thrown whenever the position of the side clamp cylinder does not trigger the reed switch associated with the expected width.
What to do now
If timber with correct width is loaded (check for horizontal stacking), press START to override, otherwise stop the saw by holding down the STOP button and change the timber.
What to do next
- Check that the width of the member on the screen matches the width of the timber that was fed into the saw.
- Make sure that the 2* Wide checkbox on the Control Bar is NOT checked. Even if not, check and uncheck and try again.
- Check that the orientation of the timber is correct and that the Rotate checkbox on the Control Bar is set correctly (should normally be unchecked) - i.e. should the timber be on its edge?
- If reed switches are fitted on the side clamp cylinder, check that they are positioned correctly and adjust them if necessary.
- If the problem persists, please contact Vekta Automation for assistance in checking the width detection system.